Optimus Technologies is currently hiring a Field Service Technician. This position is full-time and paid. Please read the attached job description and send your resume, CV, and supplemental materials to email@example.com.
Application deadline: June 5th, 2020
Optimus seeks an organized, customer-focused Field Service Technician and System Installer based in Pittsburgh, PA, or the Southern Tier of New York State. There are significant travel requirements as the work consists primarily of on-site installations, troubleshooting & repairs. The individual in this position will be one of the companies’ primary experts on the Vector System. This requires a comprehensive understanding of electrical, mechanical, and software systems and a mastery of the tools and diagnostics utilized for installing and servicing the product.
The position will require significant collaboration with electrical & mechanical engineers, manufacturers & suppliers, and Optimus’ customers to implement the Vector technology in fleet applications. The individual in this role must have a customer-first mindset, often being the first contact for any installation, diagnostics, maintenance, support, and customer training. If you have a passion for environmental sustainability, carbon reductions, and making the world a better place, this position will satisfy those goals, as well as allow for a wide range of growth and new opportunities in an exciting, flexible, and evolving work environment.
● Become an expert on the Vector system, and the various electronic, software, hardware & mechanical components.
● Work with all aspects of system installations including, but not limited to:
o Vehicle teardown & reassembly (interior, exterior & engine compartment)
o Installation of fuel tanks, manifolds, fuel & coolant lines, wiring harnesses, electronic controllers, and display units.
● Read, interpret, & utilize appropriate technical drawings, schematics, electrical diagrams and manuals to complete system installations, troubleshooting & repairs.
● Perform appropriate system testing upon project completion.
● Evaluate, troubleshoot & repair systems as necessary utilizing the product documentation & manuals
● Isolate & resolve complex mechanical, electrical, and control system problems.
● Maintain open communications with customers to provide troubleshooting & technical support via telephone, email or in person.
● Make sure all customers’ needs are satisfied in an effective and reliable manner.
● Lead and execute onsite customer training programs.
● Research technical issues utilizing both internal & external information and resources.
● Assist with various Vector system component assembly & manufacturing.