Optimus seeks a dynamic, organized, customer focused Product Specialist to help us to reach bold growth goals assisting fleets in reducing their carbon emissions and achieving environmental sustainability goals.
This is a full-time (approximately 35-50 hours per week) position to be based in Pittsburgh, PA or the Southern Tier of NYS with significant travel requirements (75%+) consisting primarily of on-site customer work performing installation, service, and support of the Optimus Vector fuel system.
Optimus is fast growing technology company; all employees must be self-directed and capable of managing multiple duties within the company. This position will allow for a wide range of growth and new opportunities in a flexible and evolving work environment.
The Product Specialist is the companies’ customer facing subject matter expert on the Vector fuel system technology. This requires a comprehensive understanding of electrical, mechanical, and software systems and a mastery of the tools and diagnostics utilized for installing and servicing the product.
The position will require collaboration with electrical and mechanical engineers, manufacturers, and Optimus’ customers to implement the Vector technology in fleet applications. The Product Specialist must have a customer-first mindset being the first link in the chain for any maintenance support, diagnostics, and customer training.
Optimus is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. People of color, LGBTQ+ people, people with disabilities, veterans and members of other historically disenfranchised groups are strongly encouraged to apply; we also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories.
Optimus is entering an exciting growth phase, and we’re looking for someone to grow with us. This position has the potential to turn into a more senior role for the right candidate.
• Become an expert on the Vector System, and the various electronic, software, hardware, and mechanical components therein
• Work with all aspects of system installations, including but not limited to: vehicle teardown and reassembly (interior, exterior, and engine compartment), installation of fuel tanks, fuel and coolant lines, wiring harnesses, electronic controllers, and display units
• Provide an open and welcoming line of communication with customers to provide troubleshooting and technical support via telephone, email, or in person
• Spearhead the creation and implementation of Vector System Certification program for other technicians, including on site training, creation of supplemental materials, and providing feedback/coaching
• Make sure all customers’ needs are satisfied in an effective and reliable manner
Qualifications & Experience
• Associate/Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in a technical or engineering field; ASE equivalent technical certifications, significant related work experience, or military service in a relevant area
• Ability to comprehend detailed product schematics and documentation, and follow complex work instructions
• Demonstrated strong analytical, written, and verbal communication skills with the ability and willingness to work with other team members to solve problems
• Previous experience in a trainer, mentor, or teacher role; proven ability to communicate new information to others in a clear and concise manner
• Ability to create and keep to timelines and deadlines, and prioritize workload without direct supervision
• Advanced communication and computer skills, including a familiarity with MS Office and/or GSuite, and the ability to communication in a professional manner with both coworkers and customers
• Frequent physical activity such as bending, climbing, twisting, standing, and lifting tools, parts, and materials (up to 70lbs)
• Work occurring in a variety of environments, including but not limited to: office, outdoor, warehouse, and shop conditions
• Ability to work around a variety of particulates, lubricants, and chemicals
• Valid driver’s license with acceptable driving record; CDL a plus
• Significant domestic travel is requires (75%+)
• Flexible hours of operations
• Commitment to following COVID health practices, such as the use of PPE equipment, wearing masks appropriately and consistently, and monitoring one’s health for symptoms
Additional Application Instructions
Please include at least one piece of supplemental material (think - short writing sample on any topic, poster presentation, summary of an awesome book you’ve read, summary of a hobby or project you’ve undertaken, photo portfolio of something cool you’ve built, or generally details on anything else that you’ve done that you’d like us to know about).
This is additional to the application instructions listed at the bottom of the page.